Thursday, February 25, 2010

2 days off!!

Hello again...it's me The Mountain Man,

I am trying to do and see as much as possible in the 2 days I have off.
I was able to get a $40 ticket for the Women's Bobsled final last night. Much to my surprise, I didn't realize that they would win both gold and silver medals...a real bonus. As well, I was hoping to be spotted by 1 of the cameras and understand that some of you caught a glimpse...neat. There were hoards of people there, but well worth it being part of a somewhat Canadian historic moment. I slept in this morning, and will enjoy the pool today and I think I will relax and watch some TV.

Miss you all very much and believe it or not...only 5 more days to go before I come home!!

Dave/Dad



Some of the crowd!


The next run down she crashed


German team


A photo from the very back

Finishing line


Action begins at finishing area


Ma and Pa from Saskatchewan


Early arrivals


Swiss coach and bobsledder


Italian bobsledder and coach


The starting area


Snuck some athletes gabbing


Got to the bobsled early


Recent photo pf memorial


5am entrance to Whistler

Took a nap between shifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment