Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Update!

Hi all,

I thought that I would up date you all with my time here at the Olympics.

I am having a fabulous time here in Whistler B.C. I am driving buses 5 days a week with Wed. / Thursday's off.

I have met some pretty amazing people from all over the world.

One story to relate to you is every morning I pick up a bunch of German's, Lithuanians and Swede's whom all live in the same chalets up in the high areas surrounding Whistler. After getting to know most of them, names such as Hans, Boris, Calluci and Gretchen, they greet me now by saying "Good morning it's the mountain man". I told them that I'm the Golden Bear...but they say "no, no, you are the mountain man"! Okay...so for now I am the mountain man and not the Golden Bear!

I have climbed a mountain, seen the Olympic village every day, took the gondola up to the top of Whistler Mountain and then over to Blackcomb Mountain. The most memorable moments are the sounds of cow bells, the dress ups of the people from all countries, flags, and faces of all of the people. There are Austrians, Czechs, Russians, Ukrainians, Americans, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns, Germans, Swiss, and Danes etc...

I will finally be seeing my 1st event tomorrow evening. It is the ladies finals for Bobsledding. I will try to be down at the finish line. I will have my Chicago Bear hat on. Not likely you'll see me, but you never know.
Take Care...

Dave "The Mountain Man" Hynek

Here are some photos.


















No comments:

Post a Comment